Marriage License Resources
Your wedding is a time of great rejoicing, time to think of love, relationships and your future. It is also a time to give thought to the requirements to obtain a Marriage License. Here is a summary of or the requirements to help ensure that you have a valid Marriage License on your Wedding Day.Contact your Rabbi for especial instructions and/or requirements.
California Marriage License Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years old, and you and your fiancé must both be present
- No blood tests are required
- Picture I.D.s are required to verify name, age and identity.
- Valid for 90 days from date issued (i.e., your marriage must take place no later than 90 days from when you obtain your Marriage License).
- The license is valid in any county in California.
- If you were divorced within 90 days of your intent to obtain a marriage license or certificate, you must provide a certified copy of your divorce decree.
Administration Building, Main Plaza, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura
Tel: (805) 654-2263 (please call for an appointment to
obtain your Marriage License)
Hours: M onday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fee: $97.00 for Marriage License
You may also obtain a Marriage License at the City Clerk's office in
Fillmore: (805) 524-3701.
Call for information.
Santa Barbara County
Hall of Records, 1100 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara
Tel: (805) 568-2250
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fees: $77.00 for Marriage License
Requirements are similar to those in Ventura County. Please call for
more information or visit www.sbcrecorder.com
*As with any laws, marriage laws can change so we advise you to check with the county, city, or town clerk.